ASSOCIATE EXPORT FINANCE
- Standard / Permanent
- ES-Community of Madrid
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking provides large companies, multinationals and financial institutions with various solutions in the areas of advisory, financing, transactional banking, capital markets, settlement, clearing and custody of securities, asset and fund management services and solutions for corporate issuers. It has 620 professionals in Spain with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Coruña. The entity has a network present in 56 countries.
BNP Paribas has been an active player in the Spanish / Iberian finance market for over 20 years, achieving leadership rankings in Dealogic’s league tables of Mandated Loan Arranger of CESCE-covered loans, thanks to BNPP’s outstanding international network and BNPP Madrid’s excellent commercial grip on local corporates active on international markets
Building on our widespread network of long-lasting relationship with the relevant Spanish institutions (CESCE, ICO, Ministries etc), prime local exporting companies, corporates investing in Spain and financing institutions, we originate, execute and manage a multibillion EUR portfolio of deals financing investments in capital-intensive industries such as Transportation, Energy, Power generation and transmission, Infra, Metals and Mining etc, and across all geographies –from Emerging markets (Latam, EMEA and APAC) to developed countries in Europe and North America, and with a fast-growing exposure to exciting projects in energy transition, climate change mitigation and abatement and sustainable and circular economy.
Wherever Spanish companies and investors venture, BNP Paribas Export finance is there to provide its support !
As Associate within Export Finance Madrid, you will be integrated in the team and mainly involved in origination support and execution of Export credits under cover from CESCE and other Export Credit Agencies, PRIs and multilateral financing institutions, within the business line’s Transaction team.
Under the supervision of the team Heads and the Head of EF Transaction team, you shall:
* co-operate with Originators in securing mandates from clients, by drafting & negotiating commercial proposals, presentations, financing Letter of Interests, Term Sheets and mandate letters, with a specific focus on large projects requiring sizeable and complex financing packages, including transactions in fast-growing energy transition space and ESG-compliant deals (Green and Social Loans, Sustainability-Linked Loans etc)
* liaising with public-sector agencies such as CESCE and ICO, commercial banks and other financial institutions
On the Spanish market and, as member of the Transaction Team from time to time, on other EMEA geographies
• performing risk analysis of new transactions, setting up financial models with related sensitivity analysis and perform Due Diligence tasks (Know Your Customer, Compliance, legal, tax, technical, environmental, etc.)
• liaising with syndicate and external liquidity providers to optimize funding of new transactions
• executing transactions from mandate to financial close, managing external counsels, internal credit and due diligence processes as well as external processes with Export credit Agencies, CIRR providers, authorities etc
• monitoring portfolio and co-operate with the credit and Portfolio Management team on credit matters incl. in the annual review process for the credit committee
• drafting internal business and financial reports
University degree in economy / finance / banking, with a good understanding of international relations and commercial law
Prior [1/3] yrs working experience at BNP Paribas, preferably but not exclusively within corporate financing businesses
* Excellent working knowledge of Spanish and English is compulsory, knowledge of French and/or other languages such as German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic or Turkish will be a plus
Intellectual curiosity and ability to work seamlessly in a multi-cultural environment
* Rigour and method
* Team player endowed with good interpersonal skills
* Excellent command of credit and financial analysis
Trasversal & Behavioral:
• Analytical Ability
• Attention to detail/rigor
• Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.