Guarantees Specialist (German speaker)
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
Within Group BNP Paribas ITO Function, Global Trade Operations, a community of 700* people in the 3 CIB regions & 50 countries, leverage on their integrated and global model to accompany the business strategy being the Global Trade operations Platforms a key enablers of the transformation.
The European Trade Finance Service Center has 115 employees across 16 nationalities in Spain and provides solutions for Domestic and international Guarantees, Syndicated guarantees, Fronting, Green and sustainable linked guarantees and Documentary products (Import and Export) for both, corporations or institutions, in close collaboration with the Global Trade Solutions teams.
- Deal directly with CIB clients ensuring their needs are met and/or exceeded within established agreements.
- Provide assistance/support to clients and corporate groups on technical aspects of International and Domestic Guarantees.
- Process Guarantees issued on behalf of the Bank’s clients or other branches/subsidiaries/correspondents, including the review and validation of wordings in non-standard or pre-validated formats.
- The day to day processing of guarantee expiries and follow up with branches, correspondents and clients to ensure a smooth release of guarantee instruments as they meet their expiry dates.
- The role will also be responsible for assisting the Invoicing and Fees officer when necessary.
- Ensuring client needs are met and/or exceeded, processing client requests on a timely and proactive manner.
- Providing assistance/support to clients and corporate groups on technical aspects of International and Domestic Guarantees.
- Providing support and assistance to Front Office (FO) on technical aspects and practices and in getting deals booked and properly processed.
- Verifying that all approvals are in place (from Credit Risk, Compliance and Legal) in order to proceed with client requests
- Processing of Guarantees issued on behalf of the Bank’s clients or other branches/subsidiaries/correspondents, direct/indirect with due regard to legal, compliance and risk aspects.
- Checking that wordings in non-standard or pre-validated formats are acceptable for the Bank.
- A good understanding of Guarantees products and specific regulation (URDG, ISP, UCP…)
- Knowledge of general accounting rules, mastering specific accounting rules for guarantees
- Systems and processes: Word/Excel, SWIFT.
- English: fluent
- German: fluent
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.