- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
RISK is an integrated and independent control function of the BNP Paribas Group. It is the second line of defence on the risk management activities of the Group which are under its direct responsibilities, including credit and counterparty risk, market risk, funding and liquidity risk, interest rate and foreign exchange risks in the banking book, insurance risk, operational risk, and environmental and social risks.
RISK aims at being a partner of the businesses by contributing to their sustainable development, but also a gatekeeper to ensure risks taken remain compatible with the Group’s Risk Appetite and its strategy. RISK teams engage in an upstream dialogue with businesses to better understand their strategy, objectives and then they express their opinions and recommendations.
RISK Consulting & Transformation is a transversal team supporting RISK in its strategic projects and transformation efforts. The team, through its deep understanding of RISK organization and processes, contributes to projects around five main Practices:
2. Data, Simulation and Models
3. Credit & Regulatory risk
4. Market, Counterparty and Liquidity risk
5. Operational risk
RISK Consulting & Transformation Iberia consists of professionals based in Madrid and Lisbon. It is an extension of the head office team but working as “one team” with our onshore colleagues, contributing to projects in various locations and regions.
• Purpose: support the RISK function in its strategic projects and transformation plans at local and global levels.
• Scope: all RISK activities worldwide, acting as one team in different locations, collaborating with other RISK teams, local Services and Management, as well as relevant stakeholders in the Business Lines and other Functions.
Misión de la posición
• Lead, define, coordinate, follow-up and implement global RISK projects:
• Project framing with the Sponsor(s) and Product Owner(s)
• Definition of the deliverables and project planning
• Establish and implement the project’s governance
• Identify and mitigate the project’s risks
• Secure the project’s delivery by escalating any issue and propose relevant mitigation actions
• Track project costs in order to meet the approved budget
• Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
• Measure project performance to identify areas of improvement
• Report project achievements & progress directly with RISK executive Board Members
• Advocate RISK Consulting & Transformation team within RISK, and globally within the BNP Paribas Group.
• Promote the RISK Consulting & Transformation internal life, especially by endorsing any of the internal initiatives or RISK Consulting workgroups.
• Contribute to the on-boarding and training of new team members.
• Education: Master’s degree or equivalent.
• Experience: 3-5 years in consulting or project management in the financial/banking sector or in a consulting company working for banking sector, especially in risk management topics.
• Full professional competence (minimum C1) in English (French would be a plus).
• Ability to lead a project and interact with senior stakeholders in a multicultural and fast-driven environment.
• Ability to manage and finalize complex projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
• Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution (forward thinking)
• Client focused, collaborative / Teamwork
• Ability to deliver / Results driven
• Autonomous, self-starter, motivated and energetic, able to solve problems creatively
Trasversal & Behavioral:
• Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
• Ability to deliver/Results driven
• Ability to develop and adapt a process
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
• 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.