SENIOR ANALYST CORPORATE FINANCE IBERIA
- Standard / Permanent
- ES-Community of Madrid
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking provides large companies, multinationals and financial institutions with various solutions in the areas of advisory, financing, transactional banking, capital markets, settlement, clearing and custody of securities, asset and fund management services and solutions for corporate issuers. It has 620 professionals in Spain with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Coruña. The entity has a network present in 56 countries.
BNP Paribas M&A Advisory Iberia represents a relevant piece within the international practice of the group, consistently ranking among the top advisory firms over the past years having advised on the most emblematic M&A and ECM transactions in Iberia.
Based in Madrid, our M&A Advisory franchise leverages on one of the largest platforms amongst the international banking community, including a well cohesive team formed by highly experienced professionals with a strong and well-developed expertise in Investment Banking.
The selected candidate will give direct support to the senior team, from Associates to Managing Directors, having the opportunity to get exposure to a wide range of industries (Infrastructure, Energy, TMT, Healthcare, Real Estate etc.) and companies, in coordination with our industry specialised teams based in Spain and Europe, in a multi-disciplinary and demanding environment requiring strong multi-tasking and analytical skills, as well as an excellent team player aptitude.
- Contribute to the entire M&A process, from marketing through to execution
- Ensure quality and timely preparation of all materials required for deal preparation
- Ensure high quality standards and reliability of all materials;
- Assist on valuation / modelling;
- Assist on Iberia marketing efforts;
- Think commercially about a client’s business and identify new business opportunities;
- Perform background industry and company research, synthesising information from diverse sources;
- Interact directly with clients and with other advisors (lawyers, co-advisors, etc) at an appropriate level;
- Build and maintain internal networks.
- Ensure that all regulatory and commercial training is completed on time and refreshed as required;
- Responsible for adherence to the Bank’s corporate policies, to its internal Compliance regulations as well as to appropriate external Regulators.
- A degree from a leading university with an excellent academic record;
- Fluent in English and Spanish, another European language would be beneficial;
- At least 3 years of previous work experience in Mergers & Acquisitions in a top tier investment bank, boutique, or a Big Four;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the M&A product including transaction structuring and analysis, valuation, fairness opinions, capital increases, IPOs, etc;
- Assume responsibility towards client satisfaction and helps develop client relationships at his/her level;
- Capacity to develop autonomously market awareness and general business culture;
- Modelling and valuation – knowledge of integrated financial statements models, comparable companies, comparable transactions, DCF, LBO models;
- Express his/her messages in an effective, organized way, appropriate to the audience being addressed;
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office and experience in using investment banking databases (e.g. Factset, Dealogic, Bloomberg) ;
- Willing to assume greater or new responsibilities (on the job / within the team);
- Demonstrate clear motivation to get things done and achieve results within the constraints defined;
- Strong capacity to support and foster a culture of good conduct;
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks;
- Consider the implications of his/her actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure;
- Professional conduct in and outside office including working hours etc.
Trasversal & Behavioral:
- Ability to deliver/Results driven
- Analytical Ability
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.