- Contrato de trabajo
- ES-Comunidad de Madrid
- Puesto de trabajo / Misión
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking provides large companies, multinationals and financial institutions with various solutions in the areas of advisory, financing, transactional banking, capital markets, settlement, clearing and custody of securities, asset and fund management services and solutions for corporate issuers. It has 620 professionals in Spain with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Coruña. The entity has a network present in 56 countries.
Corporate Coverage EMEA is responsible for advising corporate clients and delivering an array of the firm’s services across strategically targeted client groups in various business sectors.
The Coverage Analyst plays a fundamental role within the Corporate Coverage business model by assuming a key role on 3 dimensions: a strong commercial focus, credit expertise and KYC.
On commercial side, the Coverage Analyst supports the Bankers in the preparation follow up of the Strategic Business Review, and contributes to the development of the client relationship and profitability. He is also in charge of the Multinational Corporations (MNCs) coordination.
Regarding the credit analysis, the Coverage Analyst is responsible for monitoring the overall risks and credit process of a portfolio of Pilot Groups. He contributes to the Green light process and to the structuration of plain vanilla products / loan book transactions.
KYC activity is focused on the more added-value tasks by supporting Bankers in steering the KYC Strategy for their client portfolio.
By covering a large range of topics, the Coverage Analyst will develop high valued skills on these three dimensions.
Business Groups Strategy / follow-up of business opportunities
- He/She supports the Banker in the preparation and follow up of the Strategic Business Review:
- He/She prepares the Strategic Business review and send it to participants
- He/She attends the Strategic Business review and writes the minutes
- He/She is responsible for the preparation of budget / forecasts in liaison with the contributors
- He/She contributes to the identification of the client needs and discusses with the Banker
MNCs business coordination:
- He/She creates and updates contact list
- He/She identifies relevant client in the portfolio & spot opportunities across geographies
- Business Groups contributors’s network:
- He/She prepares and updates stakeholders on the Commercial Strategy with the Group
- He/She displays minutes of the Reviews, gather feedbacks
- He/She schedules the network call & prepare the agenda, feed CRM
- He/She maps BG international presence (Org Chart) & local activities
- He/She creates and maintains a list of prospects and new clients
- He/She gathers information from client / prospects
- He/She prepares client meetings (extract fiche client…) and defines topics to be addressed
- He/She contributes to client events, calls & meetings, sales/deal related client/prospect interactions
- He/She develops presentation/pitches
- He/She coordinates pitch document and the rehearsal in interaction with the banker
- He/She prepares forecasts based on client business plan and measures impacts of major opportunities on clients financials (when no other Métier involved)
- He/She monitors the pipeline and spots client / prospects business opportunities in regards to each products and alerts/discusses with the Banker / team
- He/She is encouraged to build junior relationships with the client
Complex Client Request:
- He/She performs a due diligence based on technical documents : RFP, Financial Information in liaison with Banker & BL
- He/She gathers relevant document (incl. Preliminary financial information) and sends question list
- He/She negociates NDA with the client
- He/She supports the Banker in the RFP analysis and deal structuration with the support of the SCA
- He/She prepares screening committee
- He/She attends the screening discussion on deal with management, Delegation holder and Business Line
Under the accountability of the Banker(s), and in coordination with the ECA platform, the Coverage Analyst, using his/her credit expertize, will be in charge of the following tasks:
Monitoring of the overall risks of a portfolio of Pilot Groups (Credit/Counterparty, Compliance and CSR) with the Senior Credit Advisor support:
- He/She is responsible for watching & anticipating risks/events at Group level
- He/She is responsible for alerting the Banker in case of change(s) and issue(s)
- He/She is responsible for regularly updating stakeholders (including ECA) via a one Pager
- He/She contributes to the TGA discussion (AR process)
- He/She contributes to the management of Resources allocated to their client portfolio, i.e. RWA, CDS, Insurance, …
Green light process:
- He/She is responsible for validating the criteria for denotching/propagation
- He/She is informed of any issue on a Business Group contributor by the ECA or the ECH
- He/She is responsible for the monitoring of the efficient use of lines (GL responses)
Credit process of Pilot files:
- He/She conducts a sanity check of the Credit Proposal prepared by the ECA
- He/She is responsible for the analysis & drafting of the Client Relationship and the deal/risk return part of the Credit Proposal
- He/She writes a recommendation on the file/deal (or an executive summary in case of CCDG file)
- He/She attends Credit Committee together with the Banker
- He/She is responsible for organizing a kick off meeting with the Banker and the ECA (+SCA when needed) for Annual Reviews and relevant New Requests
Structuring – for plain vanilla products / loan book:
- He/She contributes to the discussion on terms and conditions with the client
- He/She liaises with Legal on Terms and Conditions
Contracting plain vanilla products / loan book (and, in option, for structured loan with the Business line when requested):
- He/She contributes to the final negotiation:
- He/She seeks internal approvals (i) from Risk or CC if changes vs credit decision (ii) from compliance if any change in term of sanctions/AML (iii) from other departments such as Assets and Liquidity Management and Treasury or Legal if certain policy requirements have not been met in the contracts
- He/She is responsible for the credit process of amendment to initial credit decision, ECA preparing the Credit Paper
- He/She coordinates the review of Sanction wording
Deal implementation & life cycle:
- He/She is responsible for deal implementation and follow up of its life cycle in coordination with product partners / contributor RM/RO, Middle office…
- He/She is responsible for the follow up of the Covenants
- He/She prepares the watch list fiche, the GRR spreadsheet (update : closure) and the CSR screening
- He/She attends watch List/Doubtful committee jointly with the Banker
The Coverage Analyst will take the completion of several added-value tasks within the KYC process:
- He/She supports bankers in steering the KYC Strategy for their client portfolio for both onboarding (raise onboarding request, share priorities with other actors), recertification (conduct profitability review) and trigger event, in consistency with the Credit Process whenever relevant.
- He/She ensures a comprehensive identification of clients’ business needs and the related KYC flag set-up between Primary and Secondary sites in line with Passport and Reliance procedures.
- He/She maintains a close contact with KYC Coordinators / E2E Coordinators / BG Coordinator (whomever relevant) for clients under their responsibility
- He/She informs clients of BNPP KYC process and connects them to the proper KYC Operations SPOC
- By delegation of banker, he/she can prepare call memos, analyze screening hits and complete RMs assessment for any KYC file and can contribute, in limited cases, to the collection of clients’ sensitive documents.
- He/She ensures Compliance with Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- In particular, he/she ensures KYC is in place and up to date for all clients. When necessary, he/she starts the KYC process and bring his/her support on certain points.
- He/She ensures that the business carried out with his/her clients is appropriate, understandable and suitable.
- He/She acts in a product-neutral manner in the best interest of the clients and of the BNP Paribas Group globally
- He/She respects the BNP Paribas Code of Conduct in all listed key responsibilities.
- He/She ensures consistent and comprehensive enforcement of BNP Paribas CSR policies and procedures
- Degree in Finance and/or Economics and/or Accounting with a strong knowledge of financial analysis under several standards (IFRS, local)
- Mifid qualification (CNMV Standars) not mandatory but highly reccomended
- Graduate – one year experience in Banking
- Good knowledge of the Corporate banking environment
- Detail oriented with a solid knowledge of financial analysis
- MS Pack Office
Trasversal & Behavioral:
- Communication skills
- Analytical Ability
- Critical thinking
- Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
- Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
- Flexible compensation plan
- Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
- 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.