- Contrato de trabajo
- ES-Comunidad de Madrid
- Puesto de trabajo / Misión
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a globally recognized leader offering financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 33,000 people in 56 countries across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
Within BNP Paribas’ CIB division, Debt Markets EMEA gathers a group of over 200 loan (structured and vanilla) and bond (investment grade and high yield) professionals located in London, Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt, Brussels, Amsterdam, Milan and Lisbon, covering the Bank’s core clients in Europe across all economic sectors. Debt Markets EMEA consists of three main teams: (i) Leveraged Finance Capital Markets (LFCM), (ii) Loan Capital Markets (LCM) and (iii) Investment Grade Debt Capital Markets (IG DCM).
Together, these teams are responsible for the origination, structuring, underwriting and execution of LBO and Leveraged Corporate financings, investment grade bond and loan financings to large corporates, and integrated financing solutions to midcap and sub-investment grade corporate clients. The Structuring and Execution Group supports all these activities.
Thanks to a team of over 10+ Debt Markets professionals covering all the above activities for the Iberian market (i.e. Spain and Portugal), BNP Paribas has ranked #1 in league tables over the last 3 years in leveraged loans in Iberia.
YOUR FUTURE JOB
You would be joining the Structuring and Execution Group team based in Madrid and report to the local coordinator. The Structuring & Execution Group is a central component of Debt Markets supporting senior originators across a wide range of debt products on a pan-European basis.
As an intern, you will be primarily providing support on the day-to-day portfolio management activities, execution of live deals (including High Yield Bonds and Term Loan B), working on internal processes as well as supporting the outbound marketing activity of the senior originators. You will provide support in running financial models, complete financial and credit analysis and learn to structure Debt Markets transactions. Additionally, you will be associated for the production of materials for internal approval committees, syndication purposes and marketing efforts. This requires strong quantitative skills and the capacity to work on several transactions in parallel, which requires good organization skills and strong commitment.
- Work on pitch processes, in cooperation with various teams across the bank (Coverage, M&A, ECM, Syndicate)
- Interact with external clients (including debt issuers and private equity clients) and internal stakeholders
- Maintain high degree of market awareness
- Provide support in the day-to-day execution of live deals
- Prepare thoughtful cash flow projection models, driven by detailed assessment of business and economic conditions
- Assist in production of internal credit / capital market memoranda, including advanced financial statement analysis
- Conduct issuer due diligence and identify significant business, industry and financial strengths and risks.
- Ensure that all regulatory and commercial training is completed on time and refreshed as required
- Responsible for adherence to the Bank’s corporate policies, to its internal Compliance regulations as well as to appropriate external Regulators
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Education: a degree from a leading university with an excellent academic record
- Language proficiency: fluent in English and Spanish (preferred), another EU language would be beneficial
- IT skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Bloomberg
- Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in corporate banking, consulting teams, private equity or similar is essential
- Show outstanding analytical skills
- Adept at receiving and synthesizing information
- Prove credit / risk analysis skills
- Behavioral skills:
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Hard worker, reliable and eager to learn
BY CHOOSING US, YOU GET
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings
- A 6-month internship contract with the opportunity to join BNP Paribas Investment Banking graduate program (with a fixed full-time contract) in March 2023
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organization where diversity and inclusion are the standard
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.