IT Project Manager
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking provides large companies, multinationals and financial institutions with various solutions in the areas of advisory, financing, transactional banking, capital markets, settlement, clearing and custody of securities, asset and fund management services and solutions for corporate issuers. It has 620 professionals in Spain with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Coruña. The entity has a network present in 56 countries.
From the 17 European branches of BNP Paribas CIB, there are 12 countries considered as IT Less countries (Netherlands, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) and others with a Local IT team (Belgium, UK, Russia, Italy, Luxembourg, Germany-Austria).
CIB IT Spain is responsible for all CIB European local applications excluding Local IT countries, providing ADM (Application Development and Maintenance) and APS (Application Production Support) services to its internal clients.
CIB IT Spain is responsible for providing vision to the applications and systems under its scope, implementing the overall strategy for developing and implementing technology initiatives. It is also responsible for the planning and implementation of BAU activities, initiatives and projects for the local BNPP systems within the European territories, delivering those with the respect of Group IT rules, regulatory standards and compliance guidelines for the IT domains in its scope.
Holding a position within the IT Governance team of CIB IT Spain as IT Project Manager, your main responsibility will be to implement, and coordinate and follow-up of the local IT projects with coordination with central IT teams or locations and other entities of the group. You will manage a portfolio of the projects related to business requirements, on boarding of new activities, IT Security, Third party management, IT systems obsolescence, architecture migrations, etc). You will act as a single point of contact for our internal clients (the European branches) or central IT teams when applicable. Your project may be impacted by a portfolio of applications (about 250-300 applications identified in the application inventory) which requires coordination between the users and the IT developers and IT Production team.
• Coordinate the different steps of IT Governance procedures for projects and demands for the applications and locations under the scope, following the procedures and preparing the necessary documentation such as project card, Project Initiation Document (PID), Governance Assessment (GA), … for the location initiatives and in collaboration with the different stakeholders.
• Organize and implement the project Governance committees :
o Organize project control and steering committees for the follow-up of your projects with the project stakeholders (European sites, central IT teams, CIB IT entities, third parties,…).
o Follow up of the status of the projects in portfolio in terms of budget and delivery date.
o Prepare and analysis the KPIs and agree action plans if necessary.
o Risk, issues, dependencies identification and follow-up of the remediation and mitigation plans
• Ensure the sponsors / users / contributors are identified, efficiently engaged, and that IT and non-IT accountabilities are well understood – including locations when impacted.
• Understand the business/IT/sponsor needs and support the different stakeholders of the project by contributing on the achievement of their goals within the project.
• Ensure the respect of the major governance steps in projects’ lifecycle: Demand management, Governance Assessment, IT Validation Committees, Investment Committees. Dedicate a specific attention to Architecture, IT Risk & Cybersecurity and Application Productions Support (APS) contributions, integration of data quality and integrity, and monitoring of Application Portfolio trajectory
• Build and maintain a sound relationship with the branches impacted by your projects, and represent their voice within CIB IT Team.
• Perform a review of the Business Requirements with the appropriate internal stakeholder(s) in order to confirm if they are in line with the global CIB IT, IT Cluster and the entity strategy.
You have a generalist profile, ideally combining a previous experience (minimum 5 years of experience as Project Manager) in an (internal or external) client-facing role, collaborating with users and technical IT people and coordinating (medium, big) projects.
Any related certifications are a plus.
Language requirements: full professional proficiency in English is mandatory; knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
Good knowledge and expertise on working with or in IT Teams. It is important to have the capacity of understanding the technical aspects and to know the language of technical people.
You have excellent communication skills, and you can easily find your way in a complex environment thanks to your networking skills.
You are client oriented, conscientious and result oriented. You have a proactive, can-do personality.
You are driven, eager to learn, structured and take pride in delivering work of high quality.
Experience of working in international environment is appreciated
• Tools / technologies / methodologies:
– Application Portfolio Management (Expert)
– SCRUM/Agile methodologies and practices (Proficient)
– MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint,…), Power BI (Proficient)
– Project management tools (MS Project, Clarity) (Proficient)
Trasversal & Behavioral:
• Ability to manage a project:
Ability to manage a project (Expert)
Ability to manage/facilitate a meeting, committee … (Expert)
Ability to develop and adapt a process (Expert)
• Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to Synthetize/Simplify (Expert)
Organizational Skills (Expert)
Communication Skills – Oral & Written (Expert)
• Organizational skills
Business/IT Relationship (Expert)
IT Knowledge (Proficient)
IT Security and IT Risk (Proficient)
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
• 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.