Observability Engineer BNP Paribas (#MITP)
- Contrato de trabajo
- Puesto de trabajo / Misión
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Business Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is one of the largest international banking networks, with a presence in 72 countries. The organisation is an international financial services group, with in excess of 202,000 employees with solid roots in Europe, a significant and growing presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The BNP Paribas Group is organised around two main activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
MADRID IT Platform
The CIB IT Platform for EMEA is responsible to provide IT Services to our Clients ensuring a Digital Market evolution, in a secured and performant environment, and with a reliable quality. This function includes Global Markets Application Production, Local Territory IT Development, the Core Infrastructure environment including Datacentres, Application Production, Security, Architecture as well as elements of the Global Services organisation.
- Position – Key Accountabilities
Within CIB Madrid IT Platform, the Automation and Observability Team is responsible for Deployment & Support of Scheduling, Monitoring, Alerting, and Discovery Tools. The team is part of a global organisation with a global operating model including follow the sun support.
This position is focus in the management and administration of the Observability platform including Monitoring and Alerting infrastructure for several countries in Europe, APAC and North America, where BNPP is present.
As part of this role, the candidate has to contribute to keep a high availability environment.
Due to large number of assets to manage, and the different vendor technologies, to have a high learning capacity is key to adopt required skills on new technologies.
High reactivity, proactive improvements and capacity to follow plan action linked to new project and/or incident remediation are part of the day to day of this position.
To work following ITIL methodology is part of the daily basis in this and the rest of IT areas.
- Professional Skills, Abilities and Experience
- High-medium knowledge on Linux, and Windows Server Administration.
- High-medium Networks Connectivity Troubleshooting Skills
- Administration of Monitoring Tools preferably Dynatrace
- Medium Bash and Python Scripting Skills.
- Team and collaborative working to develop and deliver appropriate solutions skills.
- Skills on DEVOPS philosophy and tools (GIT and Ansible)
- Experience of delivering strategic priorities within strict timelines.
- Administration of Alerting Tools such as SOI, DxOI, Netcool, Service Pilot …
- Administration of other Monitoring Tools such as Geneos
- Scripting in PHP, YAML…
- Skills on DEVOPS philosophy and tools (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory…etc)
- Personal Attributes
- Eager to learn
- Analytical mind-set
- Ability to work well under pressure, ability to work autonomous and in team environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Qualifications & Languages
- Bachelor in Computer Science/Engineering preferable but not mandatory
- ITIL Foundation certificate will be desirable but not mandatory
- High English spoken and written fluent (C2)
- On Site Services: From 7:00 to 19:30 schedule to cover in weekly shifts of 8 working hours/day
- On Call Services (optional/based on needs of service): Out of regular schedule, we provide On Call services 24/7 to be covered in weekly shifts by team members.
- BNPP is an international company, most of Spanish non-working days out of weekends are considered as business days, so they require Onsite support -but to be covered with a reduce number of staff-. These days and the On Call support have specific compensation, in the same way that if it is required to work in a scheduled activity on weekend.