Audit Professional Practices Specialist
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking provides large companies, multinationals and financial institutions with various solutions in the areas of advisory, financing, transactional banking, capital markets, settlement, clearing and custody of securities, asset and fund management services and solutions for corporate issuers. It has 620 professionals in Spain with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Coruña. The entity has a network present in 56 countries.
The Audit Professional Practices Specialist is a member of the Professional Practices Expertise Center for Europe, working in dual office mode with Analysis, Reporting & Control (ARC) team members part of Inspection Generale in Paris.
The Audit Professional Practices Expertise Center main objective is to support the Inspection Générale Management Team (Heads of Domains & Heads of Hubs) in the planification, steering and reporting of the audit work. By contributing to the different key processes of IG – excl. conduct of assignment – the Audit Professional Practices Specialist helps Inspection Général to abide by the IIA standards and other requirements (set by the ECB notably), and to provide adequate management information to the General Management and Board of BNP Paribas.
As the creation of the Expertise Center is dual office mode in a novelty, the below tasks and activites will be implemented progressively. Team members will, as well, act as a priviledged point of contact towards Heads of Hubs (and potentially some Domains)
▪ Audit planning processes:
– Collection and preparation of data sourced from Global systems (RCSA, Historical Incidents, FTEs etc) to initiate the cartography update and risk assessment processes
– Weekly follow-up and reporting of process progress (for Risk Assessment in particular)
– Identification of opportunities for transversal assignments for the Audit Plan
– Preparation and analysis of data facilitating the optimal engineering of the Audit Plan
– Powerpoint decks preparation for governance bodies (intermediary synthesis and validation)
– Audit trail input in the systems where appropriate
▪ Audit committees deck preparation
– Integration of powerBI charts and tables in the deck
– Analysis of underlying data to propose a first set of comments
– Deck v0 proposal to be finalized by the speaker (who will fine-tune the comments)
▪ Recommendations follow-up: pre-production of the outstanding recommendations follow-up reports and committee decks
▪ Audit report (ARIG and semi-ARIG)
– Collection of information (reco findings, IG opinion, RA,)
– Data analysis
– Pre-production and proposal for a V0 of the ARIG report / Semi-ARIG deck incl. comments
▪ SLAs and Invoicing
– Drafting / maintenance of the SLAs and steering of their integration / cleaning in RISK360 (where appropriate)
– Management of the allocation and/or invoicing process for each SLA (monthly or quarterly basis)
– Highschool in Economics, Finance and Accounting
– or Engineering school
– or Master in Business Management
Financial and / or Risk Analysis and Advisory and/or Business Management ([3 – 4] years)
Administrative Support ([5 – 7] years)
– Mandatory experience in internal Audit
Risk awareness / internal control culture Proficient
Data processing & analytics Proficient
Capacity to communicate (written and verbal) Proficient
Ability to collaborate/Teamwork Proficient
Active listening Proficient
Organisational skills Proficient for specialist
Adaptability Expert for specialist
Analysis and synthesis capabilities
Trasversal & Behavioral:
• Critical thinking
• Attention to detail/rigor
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
• 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.