Operational Security Engineer BNP Paribas (#MITP)
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
The CIB IT Platform for EMEA is responsible to provide IT Services to our Clients ensuring a Digital Market evolution, in a secured and performant environment, and with a reliable quality. This function includes Global Markets Application Production, Local Territory IT Development, the Core Infrastructure environment including Datacentres, Application Production, Security, Architecture as well as elements of the Global Services organisation.
BNP Paribas IT teams are providing infrastructure, development and production support services to all applications used worldwide by all business lines. There is a great variety of technologies and infrastructures from legacy systems to cutting edge Cloud technologies.
Within BNP Paribas Group IT, the filiere Production Security is in charge of answering operationally to the challenges of cybersecurity with an end-to-end vision and consistently across the Bank.
We are looking for a Cyber Security expert with a strong component in architecture and Cyber risk assessment on the IT production perimeter as well as a contribution of Cyber expertise in support of the CISO.
The main activities and missions will be:
• Support and contribution of Cybersecurity expertise in the security of infrastructure-related projects.
• Analysis of IT teams’ requests for positioning, security expertise, validation, and waivers.
• Active participation and/or risk analysis of the group’s shared production infrastructure solutions.
• Validation of security needs within the framework of projects.
• Security assessment of BNPP subsidiaries’ requests to connect to BNPP Group backbone network and/or Active Directory Forest (AD Trust).
• Participation in the drafting and updating of BNP Paribas Group security procedures and requirements/models.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Technical Competencies:
o Master of Cloud architectures and his security concepts and technologies (Virtualization, Containers, …)
o Good knowledge of the various mechanisms and technological areas of security (network security, IAM, application security, antivirus, EDR, WAF, IPS, etc.).
o Be aware of main security vulnerabilities and different threats on information systems.
o Good knowledge of the various security referential and norms (e.g. CIS, OWAPS, NIST, ANSSI, ISO 27005) and security models (e.g. Zero Trust).
o Know how to perform risk analysis by knowing how to measure and qualify security risks in their context.
• Critical mind, good analytical and synthesis skills.
• Rigor, curiosity, autonomy, involvement, availability and taste for teamwork.
• Ability to listen and communicate to convince, adapting to one’s interlocutors.
• Ability to take a step back and formalize needs, write synthesis documents and report on work.
• Animation of transversal working groups.
• Very good command of English (written/spoken).”
• French speaking will be appreciated.
Education Level: Master Degree or equivalent
Experience Level At least 5 years
• English: fluent
• French: optional
• Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
• Analytical Ability
• Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
• Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
• Analytical Ability
• Training programs, career plans and internal mobility opportunities, national and international thanks to our presence in different countries.
• Diversity and Inclusion Committee that ensures an inclusive work environment. In recent years, several employee communities have been created to organize diversity and inclusion awareness actions (PRIDE, We Generations and MixCity).
• Corporate volunteering program (1 Million Hours 2 Help) in which employees can dedicate time out of their working hours to volunteer activities.
• Flexible compensation plan
• Hybrid telecommuting model (50%)
• 31 vacation days
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.